Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eriksen

ERIKSEN
2006-2010
RIP


"Meet Eriksen, my brick phone. He is very consistent in refusing to function as a cellphone. Sometimes I can't hear my conversations, sometimes I'm unable to make calls and sometimes he functions solely as a pager. I love him regardless. He plays my music and that is really all it takes to make me happy. He has 19 complete albums, 3 of which are from Feist and 1 smuggled illegally from New Castle before Contra even came out. So yes, make fun of my antiquated brick phone all you want. I do not care. I also do not care to upgrade to a BBM, even though my contract says it is free. As long as I can hear Yelle rant about explicit French things and tweet about Brittny Moore getting hit by car, I am fine. So that, for you, is Eriksen and I love him all the same." -January 2010

I miss Eriksen terribly. Even in his demise, he managed to play Florence and The Machine.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Im sorry for your lose... :( I had the same phone, but changed because it drowned in my cat's water bowl.

    anyway dropping off my new url. :)

    http://andrea-sa.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how the great have fallen!
    it's okay honey
    heres a quote from a song i go back to when life finds it perfect timing to kick me in the face with something nasty:
    "every new beginning is some other beginning's end!"

    ReplyDelete