Monday, July 5, 2010




In chromosome 2, locus 12... there is a gene called LRRTM1 that determines handedness. Left handedness to be exact. It also is correlated to Schizophrenia. Now I wonder, do all left handed artists have this gene? Without it, will creativity exist? If you mute it, can you eradicate art?


Which brings me to the question of genetics. Back in my mother's time and my grandmother's time, Catholic nuns would correct the lefties and force them to be right handed. I heard that it was even considered evil... just like the red heads. Now, there is a medical program more popularly known as designer babies in which parents can pick which genes to pass on to their children. Mutation, to simply put it.

Now how do you handle these two extremes? You've got the Church stating that we are the children of god. And then you've got Aldous Huxley's Brave New World in which genetics eradicates the humanity in humans.

Again, you've got the Church manually correcting the lefties and then you've got these designer babies being artificially corrected.

So my question is... WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

4 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts you have there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! don't mind me! i'm just crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. reality just fucking bitch slapped me in the face... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. really... im just making fun of all the art bitches who make meaning out of nothing.

    its like the museum of jurassic technology.

    its interesting. but really its just bullshit!

    ReplyDelete