Monday, March 1, 2010

WWHowardRoarkD?




Objective: Choose an on going exhibit at the Getty and create a promotional poster.
Exhibit: Soo Kim's Midnight Reykjavik
Mind Set: Monochromatic
GOME: Must have at least 3 colors
Mind Set: Oh crap! I hate colors!


It looks weird and I'm stuck. So I ask myself. What would Howard Roark do?

I destroyed portions of the city and removed the streets! Heil die Kajser!



Initially I just intended to do the poster in photoshop because come on! Its a poster! It needs to be easily reproduced! But Alicia banned me from computers and she also banned from the monochromes!

So now I'm thinking, I'm just going to do exactly what she did and not even think and just finish this damn thing. But then as I was cutting the bulk of the houses and leaving exoskeletons of the city, I realized I'm a fucker for half assing this.

So I looked up the street map of Reykjavik and started from there. Hours and hours and rolls of bandages later, I'm stuck.

So I look up Soo Kim's bio and she's so POMO! I strive to be POMO, Steven Meisel and all, and I ask myself, "What would Howard Roark do?"

He would probably blow up a section of the city and completely replan it. So as I cut and destroy portions of the city, specifically the airport and the streets of the city, I'm thinking... who am I cutting off? Whose life am I ruining by obliterating an alley? And who am I to do such things?


IN OTHER NEWS...
My fingers and my left arm... along with every single muscle in my body is beyond USED!

...till the next one

1 comment:

  1. dude. this one is one of my faves.
    paper cutting art. i know there's a proper name for it. i love it.
    and here is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete