Tuesday, March 16, 2010

HANDYMEN and COOKS

I've been cooking a lot lately thanks to MACHEESMO. His blog is really cool and hilarious and it makes you WANT to cook!

Today I attempted the macheesmo nuggets. This is my story.


I went to Albertson's (because I'm too poor to go to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's) and I can not believe I spent 10 dollhairs on a wedge of parm! 10 effin dollhairs!!!

Left over pankos from tater tots + freshly chopped basil (which btdubs is super hard to chop) + grated parm (the legit kind) =
I skipped the snaps of deboning and defatting the chicken because it was GORY!!! Instead these are the nuggets in flour.

The chikkin is in the panko! The chikkin is in the panko!

I went to go prep the oven and realized I killed the flame thing while I was cleaning it the other day. In my oven fail... I tweeted.
  • "oh fuck!!! my oven isn't working! great! now google-ing 'how to light a gas oven pilot light' ...should i call a man for this???"
  • "ok... im inside the oven...HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW HOW A PILOT LOOKS LIKE???"
  • "FUCK YEAH I LIT THE SHIT AND DIDN'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! suck on that MEN!!!"
Yes, I tend to be on the profane side when I'm frustrated. Anyway, did my victory dance and that is how a pilot light looks like.

The basil did it! The basil did it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment