Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ok. Imagine a black and white film. Its a silent one. You're in it. You're at the beach somewhere in the East Coast. Then theres a man. Hes just standing there. You can't quite see his face. But you know he's smiling at you. And you're smiling too. You don't really recognize this man. Or maybe you just can't quite remember. But you know deep down inside, you know this man. And you know he knows you too. And you guys are just there, standing and staring at each other in the distance with a smile. It's not a big smile. But its not just any smile. Its a smile of genuine happiness. Its like finally finding something. You weren't really looking for it, but somehow, you know it's the one you've been missing all along.

Align CenterIts like knowing that feeling. And then knowing that you don't have that.

So I'm sitting here, wedged between the cushions of this new fat ass fluffy couch trying to finish my Stockholm text when I suddenly, seriously out of nowhere, I start feeling lonely.

Its the weirdest feeling!

Its like a flash of emotions and then its gone.

And now my brain can't quite grasp the concept of what just happened so it's clinging on to that recent memory.

WEIRD I tell you.

Its not the kind of lonely, when you feel all sad and emo and all Korean soap opera. No, not that annoying kind.

Rather, its the concept of being alone. Physically alone? No. There are three other people in the apt. Socially alone? No. NEVER on that side!

I guess its a feeling of amorous loneliness.

It's the weirdest feeling.

Not even a second long. But it has baffled me ever so dearly.

Its like I'm not lonely at all, but I'm lonely.

Its kind of like that feeling... that yearning feeling. For someone. It's like you've known him all your life. But you just don't know who.

Oh wow. I'm yearning for someone I don't even know.

2 comments:

  1. this post is so vivid; i love it. and i totally know what you mean, it can be such a baffling feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahah! ewww! im like reading it again!!! WTF was i on!!! hahahah!

    i know its NOT crack! hahahah!

    i sound like a crazy fucking douchebag! hahahah!

    ReplyDelete