Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rachel Roy


I had the privilege of working with the Rachel Roy project for work just recently and I didn't even realize how amazing this woman is until I had finished writing the lengthy article.

Upon first being assigned to the project and doing a half ass research just to get my head in the game, these were the thoughts that ran in my head.

"Your answers are so trite, I wouldn't be surprised if you ripped those off Teen Vogue's In My Room section!"

"Like Nicolas Ghesquire hasn't done that. Aren't you a little too late for the geo movement?"

"Ps, Alber Elbaz called, he wants his sleeves back."

"Whats up with Dutch chicks and black dudes? She and Doutzen should be BFFs! ...Well if shes friends with Doutzen, I guess she must be nice."

But upon doing much research, I asked my friend about the gender roles women play in Indian cultures. Are they conservative? Are they traditional? Are they family oriented? My friend furthermore explained the role tradition and family.

To be honest, shes quite BALLSY considering the fact the she deviated from the traditional social norms of being an Indian descent. Having been married and divorced with two beautiful children and being a successful fashion designer, Rachel Roy has been through so much for a woman her age.

Therefore, I take my hat off to Rachel Roy for being the woman she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment