Saturday, May 2, 2009

Husk it good. Husk it REAL good!

The Omaha music scene. Whodda thunk!

I've stumbled upon a fuckload a artists through Nima from So Many Wizards as he is currently touring the continental United States. Now that should be an interesting lot! I'm still kicking at the fact that he refuses to bill my unfortunate age and instead lures me with the idea of a fake ID!

Anyway, now I kind of get why Jenny Lewis is always talking about Omaha. I've always thought it was a joke of some sort.

Adam Roberthaug

If Omaha had a hard core underground rap scene... this guy would be the center of it. Now this guy is ghetto tech in terms of The Submarines. If you're in to Techno FOLK RAP, then listen away!

Oui Bandits
They've got that ghetto tech feel to their music which I like as I am the queen of ghetto tech. I like the song Divine Wind. It's got that lazy and a bit dark feel to it. It's not Karin Tatoyan dark, but... I don't know. I can't describe it. Just listen! Somehow it reminds me when I drive around downtown at night and just really slowly taking in the city.


Now this masked trio seems like a trip! It is alos ghetto tech. But the lead reminds me of Blake Sennet when he sings his solos for RK.

Honeybee

Of course theres a girl!!! They sound like that last band on that Coachella mix that I stole from these guys at the sketch motel. I like their song Cement.

No. Im The Pilot

Talk about a one man show. I like it. It's dark and witty. If that even means anything. I like the song Loretta.

Hotel Frank

I'm guessing this is Omaha's own Venus Warehouse. I'm already in love with it. I just hope theres an exact same mop head to pop out of nowhere and tell me to in the back alley for the party.

This reminds of that flight Cat sent me going to Nowhereland, America. Omaha seems like heaven for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment