Saturday, March 14, 2009

Once You Pop

I had just seen Lauren's play The Parabox at SOSE! And as always, it was... whats that one word for intense, hilarious, intimidating, provocative, loud, bright, ridonkalous and beautiful?

I was consumed!

I was sad that it was so short compared to NEW and somehow much more mellow and yet still very powerful.

The choreography was amazingly experimental mimicking dark aspects of war that coincides with destructive relationships.

The music was perfect in an eclectic support of local artists.

The play also touches on the topic of empty consumerism that lends its meanings to sexually driven product mass consumption.

Rachel's monologue was gut-wrenching as it probes the complexities human emotion and Lauren, as always, was very intense.

I forget that they are actors and masters of their art, but I was super surprised when Rachel played the submissive companion. I had expected her to be a tyrant as she terrorized everyone from NEW.

I honestly want to know where Rachel and Lauren get their inspirations. How do you even begin a play so.... intense!!!???

Tumultuous!

No comments:

Post a Comment